'SCIENTIST' THEMED MOMMA: 2 years old / Approx. 45 lbs.
Hi, my name is Mae! I found myself at animal control - pregnant and heartworm positive. Thankfully, Mostly Mutts knew they could provide me with a great foster home where I could raise my babies then go on to find a new family of my very own. Fast forward a few months and … here I am! My babies have all found great new families, and Mostly Mutts has a plan in place for my heartworm treatment. So, now it is my turn to start my best life in a loving home!
• OTHER DOGS/CATS/KIDS: No dogs in my new home as I am dog reactive when I see them. I'm working with trainers on this behavior and making some progress / No kitties as I react negatively to other animals I see / I've been very loving, playful and gentle with the 10-year-old in my former foster home, as well as some kids around that age that I met at Mostly Mutts, so kids around this age may be nice in my new home, and of course, let's meet! Kids should not walk me due to my reaction to other animals.
• PERSONALITY/ENERGY LEVEL: I am a super sweet people lover who really wants to play, but I must be kept calmer until I have undergone my heartworm treatment. After that, I can see myself being a playful gal. I am affectionate and a great listener - very attentive to my people. I'm looking for a dog savvy owner to have fun with and continue to work with my on my dog reactiveness / My energy level is hard to gauge right now because I must stay calm, but my former foster says I will likely be a 6-8 energy level, when allowed.
• SKILLS/CRATE/POTTY: I'm in the Mostly Mutts University training program now, so check back soon to see what I've mastered. My former foster mom said I did know my basic commands. I like treats and will sit for them … even before you ask - lol / I didn't need a crate in my former foster home as I slept well in my dog bed next to my foster's bed. I've been left at home without boundaries for short periods of time and done very well with that, too. At Mostly Mutts I'm doing well in my little room / My potty habits were very good in my former foster home.
• LIKES/DISLIKES: I like - make that LOVE - people. I want to be as close to them as possible, but not in a needy way. I will hang out with you and keep you company … finding a spot on your lap if allowed and I'll gently use my paw to get your attention for some nice petting. I like to carry soft toys around, so cute. I bet I will love to play after my heart worm treatment, and I enjoy outside time with people, too / As mentioned above, I don’t care for other dogs. Really, I am irritated by any animal I see outside - lizards, squirrels, flying bugs, etc. I also would not be happy if I did not get the love, training and attention on which I thrive.
• MEDICAL: I'm current on vaccinations, micro-chipped and spayed. Unfortunately, my previous owner did not keep me on a monthly heartworm preventative, so I am heartworm positive. Mostly Mutts will cover the cost of my treatment with their vet, so local adoption only, please.
I am looking for a great dog savvy family to see me through my heartworm treatment and love me furever! My adoption fee is $299.00, and I’m located in Kennesaw, Ga.