THE FIRST STEP IN OUR ADOPTION PROCESS:
1. FILL OUT AN ONLINE APPLICATION at http://www.wright-wayrescue.org
Once you receive your approval email from us, it will be full of information on how to submit a reservation request form to reserve your new best friend! Please note that due to high volumes, application approvals are taking up to 10 days.
If you are already an approved applicant and did not receive a link to our new reservation request form, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO ADOPT FROM WRIGHT-WAY RESCUE DURING COVID-19:
1. CURBSIDE ADOPTION PICK-UP APPOINTMENTS:
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, we are not able to conduct meet and greets at this time. We are only offering scheduled curbside adoption appointments for adopters that have a rescue pet reserved.
Please read more about our curbside adoption pick-up appointments below.
CURBSIDE ADOPTION PICK-UP:
When you arrive at our shelter for your appointment:
1. Park and stay in your vehicle.
2. A staff member will come out to your vehicle and check your reservation letter to see which animal you are there for.
3. Next, you will be provided with the adoption contract to complete and given the opportunity to purchase supplies from our retail store.
4. Our staff will then help you complete the adoption process and bring your new rescue animal out to you!
A curbside adoption pick-up appointment is most appropriate for adopters who:
- Are serious about adoption. When we reserve a pet for you, it is taken off the list of available animals and will be waiting to meet you.
- Are ready for adoption. The pet you reserve will be ready to leave with you the day of your curbside adoption appointment.
- Are happy with the known facts we can tell you in advance IE color, sex, coat type, etc.
- All family members are in agreement and excited to proceed.
- Understand that while the reservation process is for those serious about a specific pet, it is not a requirement to adopt that pet. If the reserved pet is not a good match, you will be able to submit additional reservation requests for a different pet for a future curbside adoption appointment.
- For the welfare of the pet, agree to cancel your appointment immediately should you not be able to make it.
- Only one reservation is allowed per applicant.
- If an animal's stage is showing as reserved, they already have a reservation set up with their adoptive family and are not available for adoption. If this reservation falls through for any reason, the animal will be changed back to available. All changes to reservations are updated in real time.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN SAVING A LIFE
The rise of the no-kill movement over the past decade has been one of the most significant trends within animal protection. For millions of dogs and cats, it has been the difference between life and death.
Wright-Way Rescue's mission is a little different than most. We focus a significant portion of our efforts on saving pets throughout RURAL AMERICA. It is in these extremely remote locations that help and hope for homeless pets is still at a minimum. Oftentimes our shelter is their only chance of being accepted into an adoption program and receiving the care they need.
Wright-Way Rescue adopts more dogs into homes per year than any other shelter in IL. We do so on approximately 10% of the budget of similarly sized operations. Each dollar donated is stretched to the max to provide aid to homeless pets and support the rural communities we partner with. We know that helping to create compassionate communities where resources are generally lacking is key to leading the US to become a country who no longer kills pets simply because they do not have a home.
Thank you for considering adoption through Wright-Way Rescue, a NO-KILL animal rescue. If you have any questions or concerns throughout your adoption experience, do not hesitate to contact our organization.
FindpetTM is a Participating Pet Recovery Service Registry for the AAHA Universal Pet Microchip Lookup Tool. AAHA provides an
internet-based application that enables veterinarians, humane organizations, pet owners or other persons to search various Pet
Recovery Service registries and identify those registries on which a particular microchip is registered. AAHA is not affiliated or
involved with any specific microchip registry and has no relationship, financial or otherwise, with this Participating Pet Recovery
Service Registry ("Registry"). This Registry has given AAHA permission to search the Registry's database in order to assist pet
owners in being reunited with their pets. AAHA does not maintain a database of microchips of its own. It only links to registries such
as this one. The AAHA Universal Microchip Lookup Tool only searches the databases of companies that elect to participate in the