A VERY SHY & SWEET GIRL: 10 years old / 13 lbs.
I'm a sweet lady who sadly lived my whole life as a breeder dog. Now that I'm older and no longer valuable to the breeder, I have to go. Thankfully, Mostly Mutts came to my rescue and will help me find a loving home to live the rest of my days in luxury, love and comfort! Perhaps with YOU?
• OTHER DOGS/CATS/KIDS: I get along well with the dogs in my foster home, and I would really benefit from a friendly dog or two to show me the 'doggie ropes' and help me build my confidence / I ignored a kitty in a home I visited, so if you have a dog-friendly (or dog-tolerant) kitty, let's meet / I haven't met kids and I am very skittish, but If you have very calm/patient older kids that are not boisterous or rush me, let's meet!
• PERSONALITY/ENERGY LEVEL: I am a timid and scared little dog, just now learning to trust as well as learning to wag my tail. My foster can see my personality starting to blossom as I gradually learn how to be a dog! I follow her around the house now, but initially bolted when she approached me, so I'll need my new family to be careful that I don't get lost. I am relaxing a bit more and now come to greet her and sometimes welcome petting. I have a way to go with being comfortable with people, but I am making slow progress. When I do relax, my 'super sweet' nature begins to emerge. A patient owner is key to me opening up and gaining confidence, so go slow with me and eventually I will reward you with tail wags and snuggles on the couch / My energy level is 3-4.
• SKILLS/CRATE/POTTY: I don’t know any specific skills yet as my main goal is learning to trust and accept affection / I am not a fan of the crate in my foster home, and I can be noisy in there. My foster mom lets me sleep under the covers in her bed, so hopefully you will allow that, too. Otherwise, a comfy dog bed and blanket will likely be fine / I’ve had some potty accidents in my foster home, and my potty habits are best when I have frequent let outs during the day, as I do seem to know that outside is the place to do my business. Being consistent with me on a good schedule is best.
• LIKES/DISLIKES: I like to sniff around the backyard with the other dogs in my foster home. I really like blankets and enjoy sleeping under them. I've even been known to cover myself up with them - so cute! I like to be around my people and will take naps near them on the couch with a nice blanket / I startle very easily and don’t like loud noises or sudden movements, so a calm home is where I would be happiest. I also don't enjoy being picked up.
• MEDICAL: I'm current on vaccinations, micro-chipped and spayed. I had a large hernia repaired as well as an oronasal fistula repair. I also had a dental cleaning and don't have many teeth left.
I am looking for a family to love me and make me a cherished family member! My adoption fee is $299.00, and I’m located in Kennesaw, Ga.