Breeds:
Unknown breed
Colors:
Lost or found date:
07/05/2021
Pet name:
Kota
Gender:
Female
Size:
Small
Age:
Adult
Coat length:
Short
Description:
Sweet Kota is a 1.5 year old mixed breed, who weighs about 30 pounds. One of her siblings had a DNA test, so we know she has about 37.5% Treeing Walker Coonhound in her breed mix, but the other 62.5% is a mystery!  She doesn't look or act like a Coonhound though!!  Kota is an energetic little lady, but she is also shy and timid until she feels comfortable.  We believe she would benefit from obedience and/or agility training to help build her confidence.  She already knows a few tricks -  sit, down, shake, and she follows instruction like "get in the chair" or "get on the couch."  Her foster mom is currently working with her on "drop it."   She loves car rides, chew toys, and playing with her canine foster sibling.  A canine companion to help show her the ropes might be ideal for her new home, but as always a proper dog introduction will be needed. Kota just recently went into a foster home and she's already adjusting really well.  Her foster mama says "Kota is very lovable and trainable!  She loves laying in the chair beside me while I work and she plays very well with my dog." Due to the fact that Kota can be timid and fearful, she needs to go to a home with kids over the age of 12 years old.  She can be extremely fearful of men, so she will do best in a home with women only.  Any men she meets will need to be understanding of her boundaries and be sure to go very slow and gently with her.  There may be times when guests are over that Kota would prefer to be put in another room where she feels safe.  Once she trusts you, she's your best friend though! Kota is already making great progress with her foster mom, so we know that all she needs is some patience, understanding, and unconditional love.  We have no doubt that Kota will make someone a wonderful companion, she just needs to find her pawfect match!  If you think you might be Kota's person, please apply to adopt!! Her minimum adoption fee is $245 plus a $12 fee, if 4 months or older, for rabies registration for McLean County residents. She has been spayed, microchipped, vaccinated, heartworm checked, dewormed, and is on flea and heartworm preventatives. For information about this dog's breed(s), visit: http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/abc.htm  To fill out our adoption application, go to: http://fs16.formsite.com/WishBoneCanineRescue/adoptionapplication/index.html       Wish Bone Canine Rescue  1303 Morrissey Drive Bloomington, IL 61701 www.wishbonecaninerescue.org           Since its our desire that you have a pet you can enjoy a lifetime of love with you, we take special measures to ensure that the pet is the best match for you and your family.  We require that you complete our online www.wishbonecaninerescue.org (Please give us 24 hours to verify your information). If you have any other questions, you can reach us by email (preferred) at wbcrshelter@gmail.com.  Thank you.

Location


  1. American Humane Association
  2. Peeva
  3. American Veterinary Medical Association
  4. Veterinary Information Network
 
FindpetTM is a Participating Pet Recovery Service Registry for the AAHA Universal Pet Microchip Lookup Tool. AAHA provides an internet-based application that enables veterinarians, humane organizations, pet owners or other persons to search various Pet Recovery Service registries and identify those registries on which a particular microchip is registered. AAHA is not affiliated or involved with any specific microchip registry and has no relationship, financial or otherwise, with this Participating Pet Recovery Service Registry ("Registry"). This Registry has given AAHA permission to search the Registry's database in order to assist pet owners in being reunited with their pets. AAHA does not maintain a database of microchips of its own. It only links to registries such as this one. The AAHA Universal Microchip Lookup Tool only searches the databases of companies that elect to participate in the program.