This kitty has received at least two FVCRP vaccines, rabies if over 4 months, Revolution for fleas/ticks/heartworms/stomach parasites/ear mites, de-wormer, sterilization, and microchip (you must register for it to work but its free). *We usually do not do snap tests per protocol explained here https://www.uwsheltermedicine.com/library/resources/why-are-some-shelters-no-longer-testing-all-cats-for-felv-and-fiv All kitties are given a general wellness check by a veterinarian prior to sterilization.
Meet Sumi. She is about 1-1/2 years old. Shes independent but also playful and cuddly. She loves playing fetch - and especially likes her plushies - and enjoys staring out the window at birds. Her paw-rent is moving and cant take her along. She has been spayed, microchipped, and is current on vaccines.
This is a private adoption and you may contact
Brandy at 626-642-6385.
Steps 1-3 of the ADOPTION PROCESS must be done before we do OFFICIAL MEET & GREETS to lessen potential COVID exposure for our volunteers.
1. Fill out an application at www.tinyurl.com/act2rescue
2. You will receive an email/text to notify you if your application was approved and to set up a time for a virtual home check/interview. If you do not hear from us within 3 days please text 951-444-9108 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm we have received your application. We appreciate your patience as our volunteers also have responsibilities outside our rescue and may not always be able to be as fast as we would like.
3. Complete a virtual home check/interview. We are not looking for perfect homes just safe ones.
4. Official meet & greet with your kitty at an adoption event, foster care, or adoption center depending on location of the kitty.
5. Sign adoption contract
6. Pay adoption fee via zelle using email@example.com (not our phone number) or cash
7. Take your kitty home. Be sure to isolate kitty as instructed while they adjust to your home. We may check in from time to time to be sure you do not need any additional support because we love hearing how our kitties are doing. It is literally what we work for.
8. Check out our website https://act2rescue.org for resources, blogs and info on how to best take care of your new kitty. Our professional behavior coach is available via text to assist you with transition as well. We also have a Facebook group to interact with our behavior coach and other kitten care experts, as well as our A2R family like you!
****Please note, we do not have dedicated staff for phone lines so please text instead of calling. If the cat/kitten is listed, they are available. However, they could have pending applications or meet and greets. Please note: filling out an application and approval does not obligate you to adopt the kitty. If they are not a fit...we have plenty of other kitties for adoption.
The only way we can hold a kitty is with a non-refundable (if you decide not to adopt within 2 weeks not if we void the adoption) deposit of $75. We reserve the right to void the adoption up until the point the contract is signed. If we cancel the adoption (for kitty health or other issues) we will refund your deposit. If you wait longer than 2 weeks, we cannot hold the kitty due to space constraints. Your deposit could be used on another kitty. If you decide not to adopt at all, any deposit will go to the care of animals rescued with us and may be written off as a donation.
We are a SMALL rescue based in Riverside, California. We are all volunteers that run the rescue, many of us have other jobs/careers as well. We are NOT a government funded shelter and all of our donations and adoption fees are used to run the rescue and help the animals in our care. We are always in need of volunteers, donations, and fosters. Please excuse any wait times as we are often inundated with emergencies or short staffed. You can learn more about us on our website https://act2rescue.org or at www.allmylinks.com/act2rescue