Meet Sweet Girl. Her name says it all and she is as sweet as they come.
Breed: Pit Bull mixed breed
Age: 5 years old
Ideal home: Anyone looking for a lot of unconditional love. Shes got a lot to give! Someone with a Netflix subscription for lazy Sundays.
Likes: People that LOVE Pit Bulls. Posing for pictures like a professional.
Vaccinations: up to date
Photo: Christine Iacone- Bandieri
*PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO STRINGENT OUT OF STATE HEALTH CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS WE ARE NOW ONLY ADOPTING TO RHODE ISLAND RESIDENTS*. We apologize for the inconvenience.
HOW TO GO ABOUT ADOPTING:
1. Come in during adoption hours to apply and full out an application completely. We have applications on site.
Open adoption hours take place at 44 Worthington Road in Cranston, RI. We are open every Wednesday 12-2pm, Thursday 12-2pm, Friday 12-2pm and Saturday 10am-2pm
2. We require proof of homeownership (tax form, deed, mortgage statement) or landlord approval (a copy of your lease that clearly states you are allowed to have a dog, puppy, cat, or kitten OR written and signed consent from your landlord.
3, We require copies of up to date vet records for any current pets.
*If you are unable to make it in during our set hours we are now offering personalized adoption appointments 7 DAYS A WEEK for pre-qualified adopters! We hope that this will streamline the adoption process.
HOW TO PREQUALIFY AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT:
1. Visit our website (HeartofRI.org) to view our available animals.
2. Download the dog or cat application or copy and paste the application text into the body of an e-mail. Fully complete the application.
3. Attach all required documents: proof of homeownership (a copy of a mortgage statement, tax form, or deed) or landlord approval as well as up to date vet records for any current pets. (These records can be easily obtained by calling your vet and asking for them to e-mail you a full PDF of your pets medical history.)
4. E-mail your fully completed application to HeartofRIAdoption@gmail.com
Once everything is received and has been reviewed by our team we will contact you if you have been pre-qualified with appointment options.
*We do not do same day adoptions.
*Please bring the entire family in to meet the animal you are interested in.
*We will setup a meet and greet with your dog at a later date. PLEASE do not bring your dog with you when you come in to apply.
FindpetTM is a Participating Pet Recovery Service Registry for the AAHA Universal Pet Microchip Lookup Tool. AAHA provides an
internet-based application that enables veterinarians, humane organizations, pet owners or other persons to search various Pet
Recovery Service registries and identify those registries on which a particular microchip is registered. AAHA is not affiliated or
involved with any specific microchip registry and has no relationship, financial or otherwise, with this Participating Pet Recovery
Service Registry ("Registry"). This Registry has given AAHA permission to search the Registry's database in order to assist pet
owners in being reunited with their pets. AAHA does not maintain a database of microchips of its own. It only links to registries such
as this one. The AAHA Universal Microchip Lookup Tool only searches the databases of companies that elect to participate in the