A PLAYFUL CUDDLER: 1 year old / 25 lbs.
Hi, my name is Charlene! I came to Mostly Mutts from animal control, and I am so thankful that Mostly Mutts decided to make me part of their rescue family. I’ve spent some time in a foster home, as well as time at the shelter charming the volunteers, and I am ready to be someone’s great companion!
• OTHER DOGS/CATS/KIDS: I got along well with the three dogs (large and small) in my short break foster home and would give ‘play bow’ to say I wanted to play. So, if you have a dog already, let’s meet! / Cats unknown / I met a nice boy and a girl around 10 years old at Mostly Mutts and liked them. I did a lot of excited barking and jumping, but showed no aggression, so a home with kids ages 10 and up could be a good fit for me. Let’s meet!
• PERSONALITY/ENERGY LEVEL: I am a super sweet, young girl with a friendly and playful nature. In play mode, I am engaged and fun, then – when it is time to chill with my people, I am calm and ready to snuggle and nap … in my person’s lap, with the other dogs or on my own. / My energy level is 4-6.
• SKILLS/CRATE/POTTY: I showed that I know the ‘sit’ and ‘down’ commands in my short break foster home, as well as leash walking pretty well, so I bet you can teach me even more, as I am very treat motivated. / While my crate manners are fine at the shelter, I was NOT a crate fan in my short break foster home and made quite a ruckus there. I made my way out of both the wire and plastic crates, so a doggie-proof room or possibly a baby gate could be a better and safer containment option for me – though I did chew the blinds in protest when left in a room in my short break foster home. / Ive been having some accidents, so please continue to be consistent with me on a good schedule, so I can master my potty skills.
• LIKES/DISLIKES: I’m an affectionate gal, so I’m very fond of cuddles. It’s always nice to have a bully stick to chew on, as well. When outside with my people I enjoy playing and like to take a break to lay in the sun – a favorite pastime of mine. Inside I will cozy up to my people or with my doggie friends. / Other than my extreme dislike of the crate, I can’t think of any dislikes, though I’m sure I wouldn’t like it if I didn’t get enough love, attention, exercise and training.
• MEDICAL: Im current on vaccinations, micro-chipped and spayed.
I am looking for a loving home with a wonderful family! My adoption fee is $299.00, and I’m located in Kennesaw, Ga.