Stella is a young adult on the larger side of medium ( 6..5 lbs). She can be a little cautious, but learns to trust quickly and likes attention and petting. She is sweet and gentle. Her favorite activity is to tunnel under blankets and chew her willow toys. Stella will probably enjoy a close companionship in a quiet home.
The second Saturday of each month we rotate between the following Petcos from 10:00 am and 3:00 pm.
1) Fair Oaks Petco, 8840 Madison Ave., (916) 863-7387
*Odd numbered months (January, March, May, July, September, November)
2) Arden Way, 1878 Arden Way, (916) 923-1082
*Even numbered months (February, April, June, August, October, December)
RHDV-2 Safety Protocols:
As a safety precaution for people bringing rabbits for nail trims or to find a friend for their rabbit, guests will need to pre-register rabbits to confirm they have received the RHDV-2 vaccination. You only need to pre-register once while the vaccination certificate is valid.
Donations of $10 for nail trims are appreciated!
To pre-register, send an email to NailTrimPre-Reg@allearssac.org. Your email needs to include:
•\tYour rabbit’s name
•\tA legible image of your rabbit’s vaccination certificate
•\tA picture of your rabbit ?
We do not have a shelter to introduce our foster rabbits and our volunteers have limited time to respond to all online inquiries, so the best way to meet one of our rabbits is to attend our next adoption day. Sometimes people bond to a different rabbit in person than the one they choose online.
All rabbits have their own individual personalities, so our goal is to find the best match suited for your environment and lifestyle. Our adoption fee is $75 and all of our rabbits are spayed/neutered and vaccinated for Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease Virus (RHDV).
Please provide answers to the following questions to hep us determine if one of our rabbits will be a good match for you and your family. We will review your questionnaire and contact you to set up an appointment for a phone or video call.
*Please only complete if you are over the age of 18 and living within the Sacramento area.
1) What has you interested in adopting a rabbit at this time?
2) Please describe your experience with rabbits or expectations of having a rabbit if this will be your first.
3) What type of personality or behaviors are you looking for in a rabbit?
4) Please describe the type of spaces you plan to keep your rabbit when unsupervised (when you are away at work or asleep) and during social playtime if there will be a separate or expanded area to exercise.
5) Do you plan to allow your rabbit outdoors or will your rabbit remain indoors 100% of the day and night?
6) How would you describe your lifestyle? (Busy, active, quiet, etc.)
7) How much time do you spend at home and how much social and exercise time will your rabbit have every day?
8) How many people share your home and who will be the primary caregiver?
9) If there are children, what are the ages of each child?
10) If there are other pets, please list what other animals live in the same home (If there are dogs, please list the breeds).
11) Contact information: Address, phone number, email and the best time to contact you.
Due to the emergence of Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease Virus (RHDV) beginning in 2020, we strongly recommend no outdoor playtime, even when vaccinated. You can find more information about this virus at: https://rabbit.org/rhdv/
You will need to get your home ready before bringing a bunny home. Read more about living with rabbits at allearssac.org or rabbit.org, or buy the House Rabbit Handbook. Bunny-proof your home and protect electrical cords. Decide what to buy in terms of enclosure, exercise pen, or other housing, plus food, litter boxes, toys and other care items. Locate an exotic veterinarian who sees rabbits in your area.
*If you are still researching rabbits as companion animals and need more information, please check out the HRS video about living with house rabbits on YouTube with comedian, actress, and House Rabbit Society supporter, Amy Sedaris: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev-5T3xEe9k