A TOTAL LOVE BUG: 4 years old / 31 lbs.
Hi there, I’m Pierce! I came to Mostly Mutts from animal control when I was a bit skinny and heartworm positive. Thankfully, I’ve gained the weight I needed and have been treated for the heartworms, so I’m looking forward to a great life with my new family soon!
• OTHER DOGS/CATS/KIDS: I’ve been reactive to the dogs I’ve met up close at Mostly Mutts, so I should be your only dog. / Cats unknown / I met a nice boy and a girl around 10 years old at Mostly Mutts and liked them. I also got to spend some time with a 5-year-old boy in a temporary foster home and I really liked him, too. I even did great at the bus stop with all the nice kids running around so a home with kids around these ages could be a good fit for me. Let’s meet! If there are children in my new home, they should not walk me due to my dislike of other dogs.
• PERSONALITY/ENERGY LEVEL: I am a happy go lucky kind of guy. I have a sweet playfulness about me, and quite a fun little personality, sometimes accompanied by my vocal ‘banter.’ It’s not that I bark all the time, but I enjoy some conversation with my people so I don’t think an apartment would be the best fit for me. The volunteers say I’m smart and sweet and funny – great combination, right? My temp. foster mom said I was sweet and curious about all the new people I met when I stayed with them. She also said I didn’t beg for people food at all and was always wagging my tail. My favorite thing she said about me was that I “may be the perfect dog.” / My energy level is 4-6.
• SKILLS/CRATE/POTTY: I’m a proud graduate of the Mostly Mutts University training program, where I have mastered the ‘sit’, ‘down’, ‘stay’, ‘leave-it’, ‘drop-it’, ‘place’ and ‘come’ commands and have learned how to accept nice strangers without jumping on them, as well as showing proper door etiquette. I also walk nicely on my leash. My temp. foster mom said I would pull a bit on my leash at the beginning of my walks but was fine at the end, so maybe I was just excited. We can polish my skills together. / My crate manners are good at Mostly Mutts. I was also content to sleep in my crate at night in my temp. foster home. / My potty habits have been good on the shelter schedule and in my temp. foster home too.
• LIKES/DISLIKES: I love belly and head rubs! I like to play and I enjoy my time in the Mostly Mutts play pen with the volunteers. My favorite toys in my temp. foster home were my stuffed goose, tennis balls and Kong bone. I soak up all the love and attention that comes my way and am grateful for the good care I am receiving. Whether playing with toys or getting all the petting, I love my ‘people time’. I also love treats – yum! / Other than dogs, I can’t think of any dislikes, though I wouldn’t like it if I didn’t get enough love, attention and training.
• MEDICAL: Im current on vaccinations, micro-chipped and neutered. I’ll be retested in Dec. 2022 to make sure all is clear related to the heartworms that I have been treated for, so local adoption is best.
I am looking for a loving home with a family that is ready to give as well as soak up the love! My adoption fee is $299.00, and I’m located in Kennesaw, Ga.